Updated: February 2020
- VOTE! Then VOTE AGAIN!! In fact, everyone is allowed to vote once a day until February 13th for me in the CBC Searchlight Competition – once on the site go to the Artist Entries tab, and you can search for maccoll which will bring up my entry, “What’s Right or Wrong” – simply click on the VOTE button, and you’re done! Until tomorrow…
- My new CD compilation, “Somebody Else Take the Wheel”, is now available for download and streaming on CD Baby! Printable versions of the front and back covers are now posted on my Recordings & Video page.
- Wednesday, February 26th: I will be the featured artist for a set at “Our Coffeehouse”, an event sponsored by the Kelowna Arts Council, hosted by the Marmalade Cat Café every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month. The evening begins around 7 with an Open Mic and I will close with my set from around 8:30 – 9:15.
- NEW DAY, SAME TIME: Business Classy Happy Hour @ Vibes Bar & Grill (formerly the Grateful Fed – 509 Bernard St.) in downtown Kelowna is now every Tuesday from 5-7…thanks to the staff and patrons for all the Thursdays these past few months, and see you next Tuesday!
- What a fantastic night! On Friday, January 31st, I performed with Brent Tyler, Joshua Smith and host Dan Tait for the monthly Songwriter Circle at DunnEnzies Mission. It was an honour to share the stage with 3 such great performing songwriters – thank you Dan and DunnEnzies for everything you do to create a thriving original music scene in Kelowna!
- I want to thank the phenomenal audience who came to see my performance on Sunday December 1st (braving the first snowfall of 2019!) @ Vibrant Vibes Winery as part of the “Vibes at the Vine” fall and winter concert series. And I’m thrilled that a couple of house concerts have been booked as a result! It doesn’t take a lot of space to host, in fact, a guest list of 20 – 40 is ideal…please send me an email if you’re interested in booking a concert for you and your guests: email@example.com
- Check out my newest video recorded @ Frequency Winery in October! They “create wines by infusing them with Harmonic Sound Frequencies and Good Vibes”…I wonder what Kate MacColl infused wine will taste like!
- On November 15th, I played a concert as part of the Friday Night Live Music series produced by the Kelowna Arts Council…thank you to the KAC for producing this series, the Marmalade Cat Café for hosting, and the amazing audience who came out to hear me perform!
- Thanks to Jeff Piattelli for hosting the weekly performing songwriter’s showcase @ O’Flannigan’s Pub, where I’ve performed feature sets every month since arriving in Kelowna last September. Be sure to stop by every “Tune In Tuesday” from 9 pm onward to hear live, original music and enjoy happy hour pricing on food and beverages!
- Many thanks to Elektra Women’s Choir for their stunning second performance of my commissioned arrangement of, “Little Green”, written by Joni Mitchell on March 9th, 2019…the concert’s title – When The Spring Is Born – is, in fact, taken from a lyric in this heart-wrenching song. The arrangement was premiered by Elektra at a concert to mark the VSO’s 100th anniversary on January 28th, 2019. Thank you to Morna Edmundson, artistic director, for her continued support of my work, and of the women composers and arrangers featured exclusively for this concert, programmed in celebration of International Women’s Day.
- Hard to believe it was a year ago on January 27th, 2019, that Kaja Tecza, Allegra Wright and I performed “Drive, Drive” from my musical, “This Is Now”, at the standing room only 15th Annual OVATION! Awards. Congratulations to all nominees (which included Allegra for her performance in TIN!) and winners and to Scott Ashton Swan, who tirelessly produces this event year after year to promote Musical Theatre in the Lower Mainland. And if you haven’t watched the show yet or you want to watch it again, please visit the “This Is Now” page on this site.