Updated: March 2020
- CANCELLED: The Ladies of the Okanagan Showcase #3, originally scheduled for Tuesday, April 28th has officially been cancelled due to the current global health crisis. Future dates are being discussed and I will post revised information as soon as it’s available…in the meantime, stay well, wash your hands, and let’s take care of each other.
- CD compilation: “Somebody Else Take the Wheel”, is now available for download and streaming on CD Baby! Printable versions of the front and back covers are now posted on my Recordings & Video page. NEW: scores for all of these recordings are available on the Recordings & Video page for purchase through PayPal.
- I was the featured artist for a set at “Our Coffeehouse”, an event sponsored by the Kelowna Arts Council, hosted by the Marmalade Cat Café on Pandosy on February 26th – what a fantastic audience! Thanks to the KAC for giving me the opportunity to share my songs with this group of attentive, appreciative people who, clearly, are passionate about having a thriving creative culture in Kelowna.
- A huge “thank you” to Amanda and the staff @ Vibes Bar & Grill (formerly the Grateful Fed) in downtown Kelowna. There are many changes planned for the spring, but from October 2019 to February 2020, one early evening each week, it was home to what we called the Business Classy Happy Hour and I am grateful to have been part of the transition from what many considered a Kelowna institution to a brand new vision for this restaurant. Best of luck to you, Amanda!
- What a fantastic night! On January 31st, I performed with Brent Tyler, Joshua Smith and host Dan Tait for the monthly Songwriter Circle at DunnEnzies Mission. It was an honour to share the stage with 3 such great performing songwriters – thank you Dan and DunnEnzies for everything you do to create a thriving original music scene in Kelowna!
- I want to thank the phenomenal audience who came to see my performance on December 1st (braving the first snowfall of 2019!) @ Vibrant Vibes Winery as part of the “Vibes at the Vine” fall and winter concert series. And I’m thrilled that a couple of house concerts have been booked as a result! It doesn’t take a lot of space to host, in fact, a guest list of 20 – 40 is ideal…please send me an email if you’re interested in booking a concert for you and your guests: email@example.com
- Check out my newest video recorded @ Frequency Winery in October! They “create wines by infusing them with Harmonic Sound Frequencies and Good Vibes”…I wonder what Kate MacColl infused wine will taste like!
- On November 15th, I played a concert as part of the Friday Night Live Music series produced by the Kelowna Arts Council…thank you to the KAC for producing this series, the Marmalade Cat Café for hosting, and the amazing audience who came out to hear me perform!
- Thanks to Jeff Piattelli for hosting the weekly performing songwriter’s showcase @ O’Flannigan’s Pub, where I’ve performed many feature sets since arriving in Kelowna last September. Be sure to stop by every “Tune In Tuesday” from 9 pm onward to hear live, original music and enjoy happy hour pricing on food and beverages!
- Many thanks to Elektra Women’s Choir for their stunning second performance of my commissioned arrangement of, “Little Green”, written by Joni Mitchell on March 9th, 2019…the concert’s title – When The Spring Is Born – is, in fact, taken from a lyric in this heart-wrenching song. The arrangement was premiered by Elektra at a concert to mark the VSO’s 100th anniversary on January 28th, 2019. Thank you to Morna Edmundson, artistic director, for her continued support of my work, and of the women composers and arrangers featured exclusively for this concert, programmed in celebration of International Women’s Day.
- Hard to believe it was more than a year ago on January 27th, 2019, that Kaja Tecza, Allegra Wright and I performed “Drive, Drive” from my musical, “This Is Now”, at the standing room only 15th Annual OVATION! Awards. Congratulations to all nominees (which included Allegra for her performance in TIN!) and winners and to Scott Ashton Swan, who tirelessly produces this event year after year to promote Musical Theatre in the Lower Mainland. And if you haven’t watched the show yet or you want to watch it again, please visit the “This Is Now” page on this site.