Updated: October 2019
- Beginning October 3rd, I will perform every Thursday for a new Happy Hour in downtown Kelowna…join me @ The Fed (509 Bernard Avenue @ Ellis) from 5 – 7 on Thursdays to unwind from the day over specially priced beverages / appies and music by me!
- Check out my new video recorded @ Frequency Winery this month! They “create wines by infusing them with Harmonic Sound Frequencies and Good Vibes”…I wonder what Kate MacColl infused wine will taste like!
- Friday November 15th: I am giving a concert as part of the Friday Night Live Music series produced by the Kelowna Arts Council…come down to the Marmalade Cat Café from 5-7, 2903 Pandosy St in the Mission (Kelowna). No cover, sandwiches, salads and baked goods available.
- Sunday December 1st: Concert @ Vibrant Vibes Winery from 1:30 – 4:30 as part of their “Vibes at the Vine” fall and winter series.
- Thanks to Jeff Piattelli for hosting the weekly performing songwriter’s showcase @ O’Flannigan’s Pub, where I’ve performed feature sets in both September and October. Be sure to stop by every Tuned In Tuesday from 9pm onward to hear live, original music and enjoy happy hour pricing on food and beverages!
- My final Vancouver shows at the Tipper and with the monthly fundraising event, Just Singin’ Round, were both incredibly memorable. Many thanks to Colin for always welcoming me and my audiences to the little theatre in the back any time I asked over these past 8 years, and to the JSR team who have been doing what they do, month after month, for 25 years!! I can’t say where my next performances will be, but that’s part of the fun as I look forward to meeting new people in new venues across Canada!
- Many thanks to Elektra Women’s Choir for their stunning second performance of my commissioned arrangement of, “Little Green”, written by Joni Mitchell on March 9th…the concert’s title – When The Spring Is Born – is, in fact, taken from a lyric in this heart-wrenching song. The arrangement was premiered by Elektra at a concert to mark the VSO’s 100th anniversary on January 28th. Thank you to Morna Edmundson, artistic director, for her continued support of my work, and of the women composers and arrangers featured exclusively for this concert, programmed in celebration of International Women’s Day.
- On January 27th, Kaja Tecza, Allegra Wright and I performed “Drive, Drive” from my musical, “This Is Now”, at the standing room only 15th Annual OVATION! Awards. Congratulations to all nominees and winners and to Scott Ashton Swan, who tirelessly produces this event year after year to promote Musical Theatre in the Lower Mainland. And if you haven’t watched the show yet or you want to watch it again, please visit the “This Is Now” page on this site.