News & Performances
Updated: November 21, 2023
- NEXT WEEK!!! ReVERVE, my SATBB a cappella vocal jazz ensemble, performs 2 concerts on SUNDAY, DECEMBER 3rd, 2023 @ The NEST on Granville Island (Vancouver, BC) – tickets here.
- That Was Then, sequel to 2018’s This Is Now, will run at The NEST on Granville Island (Vancouver, BC) from January 19-21, 2024! Tickets here.
- IN THE WORKS: Several people have suggested my lyrics would make for a wonderful book of poetry…and so in partnership with my daughter, incredibly talented visual artist Aarona Polsky, I am creating just that! PRE-ORDER your copy for just $15 when you buy a ticket to either of my upcoming shows in December or January!
- We had so much fun at Red Truck brewery with all the friends and family that came out that night to see me play with guitarist, Cory Owens…apparently the venue thought it was fun too because we’re going back in March 2024! Stay tuned for details…
- NEW(-ish) MUSIC!! Visit my Recordings & Videos page to check out the results of my day at Frequency Sound 528 in June 2022 with recording engineer Jodie Bruce and Kelowna musicians Nils Loewen (cello) and Chloe Davidson (violin).
- CD COMPILATION AVAILABLE: “Somebody Else Take the Wheel”, is now available for download and streaming on all your favourite platforms – get the full list with links on the Recordings & Videos page, where you will also find printable versions of the front and back covers; SCORES (for purchase using PayPal) for all 12 recordings included on “Somebody Else Take the Wheel” now appear on my new Merchandise page. Perhaps learning to play the piano has been your COVID hobby and you need some new music to practise?
- Many thanks to Elektra Women’s Choir for their stunning second performance on March 9th, 2019 of my commissioned arrangement of “Little Green”, written by Joni Mitchell…the concert’s title – When The Spring Is Born – is, in fact, taken from a lyric in this heart-wrenching song. The arrangement was premiered by Elektra at a concert to mark the VSO’s 100th anniversary on January 28th, 2019. Thank you to Morna Edmundson, artistic director, for her continued support of my work, and of the women composers and arrangers featured exclusively for this concert, programmed in celebration of International Women’s Day. PLANS FOR PUBLISHING THIS ARRANGEMENT ARE (still) IN PROGRESS – STAY TUNED!!