Updated: August 2nd, 2022
- Appearing Wednesdays @ The Admiral (4125 Hastings @ Gilmore in Burnaby Heights) – NEW TIME, NEW FORMAT! Music from 7:00 – 9:30…no cover, wine on special all evening. Playing familiar favourites with some originals sprinkled in for fun, and you just never know who else might show up to join us on stage…Melanie Dekker hosts, a different featured guest each week from 8:00 – 8:40, and I play percussion for everyone!
- AUGUST LINE-UP @ The Admiral: Aug. 3rd – Kate MacColl; Aug. 10th – Ev Natacha (host Layla); Aug. 17th – Dawn Boudreau; Aug. 24th – Mark James Fortin; Aug. 31st: – Karen Augusta…all feature artists play from 8:00 – 8:40 – music by Melanie Dekker and myself starts at 7:00 and we end the night with a final set from 9-9:30. See you soon…pssst! The Admiral is AIR-CONDITIONED…just sayin’…
- On July 23rd, Dawn Boudreau and I played the beautiful 2nd Floor – Gastown (300 Water St) above the Water Street Cafe in Vancouver for their weekly weekend brunch. Look for a fall booking with me and my vocal jazz group, ReVerve!
- A huge thank you to Longevity John for everything he does for the town of Duncan! I had the pleasure of playing @ The 39 Days of July Festival on Thursday, June 30th and was blown away by the community spirit of the audience and other performers I was lucky enough to see over my few days there. Can’t wait until next year!
- NEW MUSIC!! Visit my Recordings & Video page to check out the results of my day at Frequency Sound 528 with recording engineer Jodie Bruce and Kelowna musicians Nils Loewen and Chloe Davidson.
- “HOMING IN” is a wrap! Congratulations to Fabulist Theatre and everyone involved in the creation and production of this online collaborative musical. “Homing In” featured two of my songs – “Family Dinner” and “Fly” – and ran online for the entire month of June. If you were one of the many people who watched, thanks for supporting original, independent theatre!
- IN THE WORKS: Several people have suggested my lyrics would make for a wonderful book of poetry…and so in partnership with my daughter, incredibly talented visual artist Aarona Polsky, I am creating just that! Look for a Fall 2022 publication…
- POSTPONED: “Life Is Short – Eat Dessert First” is the name of my next concert at La Fontana featuring my vocal jazz ensemble ReVERVE and Gianfranco’s INCREDIBLE house-made gelato and sorbet! Ticket info coming soon…anyone lucky enough to attend the dinner concert last December knows that it will be a memorable evening featuring wonderful food and great music being performed against one of the best views in the city. Check back soon for ticket information!
- CD COMPILATION AVAILABLE: “Somebody Else Take the Wheel”, is now available for download and streaming on all your favourite platforms – get the full list with links on the Recordings & Video page, where you will also find printable versions of the front and back covers; SCORES (for purchase using PayPal) for all 12 recordings included on “Somebody Else Take the Wheel” now appear on my new Merchandise page. Perhaps learning to play the piano has been your COVID hobby and you need some new music to practise?
- So grateful to Guilt & Company in Gastown for continuing to book live music 7 days a week! They managed to keep things not only afloat but thriving all through the pandemic and I am grateful to have played there several times between July 2021 to April 2022. Hoping to have another show to announce soon – stay tuned!
- Many thanks to Elektra Women’s Choir for their stunning second performance of my commissioned arrangement of, “Little Green”, written by Joni Mitchell on March 9th, 2019…the concert’s title – When The Spring Is Born – is, in fact, taken from a lyric in this heart-wrenching song. The arrangement was premiered by Elektra at a concert to mark the VSO’s 100th anniversary on January 28th, 2019. Thank you to Morna Edmundson, artistic director, for her continued support of my work, and of the women composers and arrangers featured exclusively for this concert, programmed in celebration of International Women’s Day. PLANS FOR PUBLISHING THIS ARRANGEMENT ARE IN PROGRESS (although they have hit a speed bump :-/ ) – STAY TUNED!!
- Hard to believe it was January 27th, 2019, that Kaja Tecza, Allegra Wright and I performed “Drive, Drive” from my musical, “This Is Now”, at the standing room only 15th Annual OVATION! Awards. Congratulations to all nominees (which included Allegra for her performance in TIN!) and winners and to Scott Ashton Swan, who tirelessly produces this event year after year to promote Musical Theatre in the Lower Mainland. And if you haven’t watched the show yet or you want to watch it again, please visit the “This Is Now” page on this site. WE ARE WRITING THE SEQUEL, “THAT WAS THEN”…casting begins in September 2022!