News & Performances
Updated: September 15th, 2023
- That Was Then, sequel to 2018’s This Is Now, will run at The NEST on Granville Island (Vancouver, BC) from January 19-21, 2024! Visit this page regularly for cast announcements and to purchase tickets.
- ReVerve, my SATBB a cappella vocal jazz ensemble, will perform in concert on Sunday, December 3, 2023 – stay tuned for information about purchasing tickets!
- It was a good run…thanks to all the friends and family who regularly came down for “Wine, Women & Song” on Wednesdays at the Admiral. From May to December, it was a highlight of every week for me to play with Melanie Dekker, guest hosts Layla Vaugeois and Vicky Sjohall, as well as the many, many musicians who were our featured songwriters over the months…and when Rob Blackburn joined Melanie and me to play keyboard and add a sweet third harmony, truly magical memories were made. We’re on the lookout for a new home and as soon as we’ve landed somewhere, we’ll let you know.
- A huge thank you to Longevity John for everything he does for the town of Duncan! I had the pleasure of playing @ The 39 Days of July Festival on Thursday, June 30th and was blown away by the community spirit of the audience and other performers I was lucky enough to see over my few days there. Can’t wait until next year!
- NEW MUSIC!! Visit my Recordings & Videos page to check out the results of my day at Frequency Sound 528 with recording engineer Jodie Bruce and Kelowna musicians Nils Loewen (cello) and Chloe Davidson (violin).
- “HOMING IN” is a wrap! Congratulations to Fabulist Theatre and everyone involved in the creation and production of this online collaborative musical. “Homing In” featured two of my songs – “Family Dinner” and “Fly” – and ran online for the entire month of June. If you were one of the many people who watched, thanks for supporting original, independent theatre!
- IN THE WORKS: Several people have suggested my lyrics would make for a wonderful book of poetry…and so in partnership with my daughter, incredibly talented visual artist Aarona Polsky, I am creating just that! Look for a Fall 2023 publication…
- CD COMPILATION AVAILABLE: “Somebody Else Take the Wheel”, is now available for download and streaming on all your favourite platforms – get the full list with links on the Recordings & Videos page, where you will also find printable versions of the front and back covers; SCORES (for purchase using PayPal) for all 12 recordings included on “Somebody Else Take the Wheel” now appear on my new Merchandise page. Perhaps learning to play the piano has been your COVID hobby and you need some new music to practise?
- Many thanks to Elektra Women’s Choir for their stunning second performance on March 9th, 2019 of my commissioned arrangement of “Little Green”, written by Joni Mitchell…the concert’s title – When The Spring Is Born – is, in fact, taken from a lyric in this heart-wrenching song. The arrangement was premiered by Elektra at a concert to mark the VSO’s 100th anniversary on January 28th, 2019. Thank you to Morna Edmundson, artistic director, for her continued support of my work, and of the women composers and arrangers featured exclusively for this concert, programmed in celebration of International Women’s Day. PLANS FOR PUBLISHING THIS ARRANGEMENT ARE IN PROGRESS (although they have hit a speed bump :-/ ) – STAY TUNED!!