Updated: January 2020
- My new CD compilation, “Somebody Else Take the Wheel”, is now available for download and streaming on CD Baby! Printable versions of the front and back covers will be posted soon on my Recordings & Video page.
- Mark your calendar: on Friday, January 31st (2020), I will perform with 3 other great artists at DunnEnzies Mission location for Dan Tait’s Songwriter Night, 8-10pm…on Facebook, search for Free Show w/Dan’s Songwriter’s Circle at #DunnenziesMission – this is a VERY busy time at this restaurant, so get there early to have dinner and get a seat. No cover charge.
- NEW DAY, SAME TIME: Business Classy Happy Hour @ Vibes Bar & Grill (formerly the Grateful Fed) in downtown Kelowna is now every Tuesday from 5-7…thanks to the staff and patrons for all the Thursdays these past few months, and see you next Tuesday!
- Wednesday, February 26th: I will be the featured artist for a set at “Our Coffeehouse”, a bi-monthly event sponsored by the Kelowna Arts Council, hosted by the Marmalade Cat Café. The evening begins around 7 with an Open Mic and I will close with my set by around 8:30.
- I want to thank the phenomenal audience who came to see my performance on Sunday December 1st (braving the first snowfall of the season!) @ Vibrant Vibes Winery as part of the “Vibes at the Vine” fall and winter concert series. And I’m thrilled that a couple of house concerts have been booked as a result! It doesn’t take a lot of space to host, in fact, a guest list of 20 – 40 is ideal…please send me an email if you’re interested in booking a concert for you and your guests: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out my newest video recorded @ Frequency Winery in October! They “create wines by infusing them with Harmonic Sound Frequencies and Good Vibes”…I wonder what Kate MacColl infused wine will taste like!
- On November 15th, I played a concert as part of the Friday Night Live Music series produced by the Kelowna Arts Council…thank you to the KAC for producing this series, the Marmalade Cat Café for hosting, and the amazing audience who came out to hear me perform!
- Thanks to Jeff Piattelli for hosting the weekly performing songwriter’s showcase @ O’Flannigan’s Pub, where I’ve performed feature sets in September, October and November. Be sure to stop by every “Tune In Tuesday” from 9 pm onward to hear live, original music and enjoy happy hour pricing on food and beverages!
- My final Vancouver shows at the Tipper and with the monthly fundraising event, Just Singin’ Round, were both incredibly memorable. Many thanks to Colin for always welcoming me and my audiences to the little theatre in the back any time I asked over these past 8 years, and to the JSR team who have been doing what they do, month after month, for 25 years!! I can’t say where my next performances will be, but that’s part of the fun as I look forward to meeting new people in new venues across Canada!
- Many thanks to Elektra Women’s Choir for their stunning second performance of my commissioned arrangement of, “Little Green”, written by Joni Mitchell on March 9th, 2019…the concert’s title – When The Spring Is Born – is, in fact, taken from a lyric in this heart-wrenching song. The arrangement was premiered by Elektra at a concert to mark the VSO’s 100th anniversary on January 28th, 2019. Thank you to Morna Edmundson, artistic director, for her continued support of my work, and of the women composers and arrangers featured exclusively for this concert, programmed in celebration of International Women’s Day.
- Hard to believe it was a year ago on January 27th, 2019, that Kaja Tecza, Allegra Wright and I performed “Drive, Drive” from my musical, “This Is Now”, at the standing room only 15th Annual OVATION! Awards. Congratulations to all nominees (which included Allegra for her performance in TIN!) and winners and to Scott Ashton Swan, who tirelessly produces this event year after year to promote Musical Theatre in the Lower Mainland. And if you haven’t watched the show yet or you want to watch it again, please visit the “This Is Now” page on this site.