Kate has directed, music directed, written, and / or choreographed dozens of shows since 1988; she is also proud to have appeared in the many shows listed below, produced by theatre companies large and small. In 2010, Kate was thrilled to have had her score for playwright Nick Darke’s “The Body”, licensed for production in the UK (click on the buttons below to hear recorded excerpts).
Kate’s first musical, “This Is Now”, ran for 6 shows in June 2018 in Vancouver, BC and is now available for licensing. Visit this page for show synopsis, and to view either a full length filmed performance of the show or individual scenes; scores will be available for purchase by the fall of 2018.
NEWS for 2022: “MOSAIC”, an online collaborative musical project by Fabulist Theatre will feature two of Kate’s original songs! It will run online for the entire month of June 2022; information regarding purchasing access to the show’s link will be available soon.
In 2004, Kate composed a score for a play written by award-winning British writer, Nick Darke (1948-2005) entitled, “The Body”. July 1-3, 2010, Kate’s score was licensed for use in a production by The People’s Company, mounted at the Theatre Royal Plymouth in the UK.
The play involves “an eccentric West Country community [that] must contend with the presence of an American airforce base” (doollee.com) and of the score, Mr. Darke wrote: “I listened to your music and enjoyed [sic] greatly, it captures the mood of the piece.” This work is written for piano and voice and is available through license agreement in conjunction with current productions of this play (contact firstname.lastname@example.org). The play itself can be purchased through Bloomsbury Publishing; production rights information can be found there as well (click on the CONNECT tab then select “Permissions”).
Directing/Musical Directing Credits
For Play On Words – Vancouver
“title of show” (August 2016)
“You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown” (June 2015)
For Footlight Theatre
“The Marvelous Wonderettes” (November 2014), Shadbolt Centre for the Performing Arts, Burnaby
“Strike Up The Band” November 2005, Shadbolt Centre for the Performing Arts, Burnaby
For Mulgrave School, West Vancouver
Director / Musical Director / Choreographer:
- Several revue style productions featuring students from grades 7 through 12 in 2004 and 2005
- “You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown” May 2005
- “The Wizard of Oz” April 2005
- “School House Rock! LIVE Jr.” June 2004
- “Guys & Dolls, Jr.” May 2004
- “Hatshepsut” (local writers ) February 2004
- “Babes In Arms” December 2003
- “Little Shop of Horrors” May 2003
- “The Sound of Music” April 2003
- “THREE-SIX-FIVE (A Year in the Life of a Performing Arts School)”; an original musical revue written and performed by the grade 8 musical theatre class, February 2003
For Notre Dame Regional Secondary School, Vancouver
- “Grease” May 1990
- “Cinderella” December 1989
- “Babes In Arms” May 1989
- “The Wizard of Oz” February 1989 *assistant musical director
- “Half-A-Sixpence” May 1988
- Fabulist Theatre, March 2017 – large cast production of Jason Robert Brown’s “Songs For A New World”; solo: “Stars and the Moon” / ensemble: “Opening”, “Flying Home”, “Hear My Song”
- Royal City Musical Theatre, April 2014 – “Annie”, Sophie Kettle, Mrs. Greer, Ensemble
- APPLAUSE! Musicals in Concert, March 2006 – “Irving Berlin 101”, a series produced in cooperation with the Vancouver Public Library, main branch
- APPLAUSE! Musicals in Concert, February 2006 – Irving Berlin’s “Louisiana Purchase”; chorus
- APPLAUSE! Musicals in Concert, October 2005 – Cole Porter’s “Jubilee”; “Eva Standing”
- The Only Animal, August 2005 – Kendra Fanconi’s “Other Freds”, Infinity Choir (a site-specific piece produced for Granville Island)
- APPLAUSE! Musicals in Concert, June 2005 – Stephen Sondheim’s “Saturday Night”; “Mrs. Fletcher”, chorus
- Theatre Under The Stars, July / August 1991 – “Guys and Dolls”; chorus
- Theatre Under The Stars, July / August 1990 – “The Pyjama Game”; chorus
- Theatre Royale, May through September 1986 – “The Eighth Wonder of the World”, show pianist